New to Calvary?
You might like to know...
We are a multi-site church which means that we gather at a variety of locations and times throughout the weekend, currently spanning four locations and up to eight gatherings per week. The multi-site approach fits our belief that the church is about people, not a building, and allows us to gather geographically closer to thousands around the Centre region, as well as being able to offer a choice of worship styles. People are the church; the church is not a building. (See our Locations & Times page for a listing of all service locations, times, and a brief description of each.)
We refer to our weekend worship services as gatherings. Each gathering is led by a Gathering Pastor, while most sermons are taught by our Lead Pastor, Dan Nold. You can listen to a sermon in our resources section.
While our heritage is Baptist, our core beliefs are the foundation of being a Christ-follower. People from a wide range of denominational backgrounds, and no church background at all, feel at home here.
We do what we do because we believe Jesus broke down the walls of the church to unleash His grace and truth to transform lives. His radical love in us changes the world around us.
Knowing God personally is enhanced in the context of community. We believe the best place to find community is in a Calvary Life Group.
We are about Kingdom living. We are not in competition with other churches. We are a part of the CityChurch and value unity across denominations.
Calvary is not filled with perfect people, but there are a lot of good people seeking God and trying to make a difference. Whoever you are, wherever you’ve been, you are welcome.
What to Expect at a Weekend Gathering
- Business casual or jeans – How you dress does not matter, though you will see lots of folks in jeans at Calvary. We’re just happy you’re here.
- Coffee! Calvary and coffee go together. Feel free to bring your beverage into the gathering you attend. Coffee and tea are available every week.
- Messages based on God’s Grace and Truth that will challenge and stir your heart to know Christ. Pastor Dan is live at various gatherings each weekend, other gatherings will show his recorded message on the big screen.
- Most Calvary gatherings are approximately 1 hour, 15-minutes, including a 35-minute message.
- Connection Centers are located close to the worship room at each gathering where you can find more information about Calvary.
- Safe, fun and secure kids programming for infants through 5th grade are offered at most of our gatherings. Parents register children at Kids Check-in upon arrival.