Please join us at Calvary Harvest Fields as we welcome international speaker and author Carol Kent for this community-wide women's conference.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Carol Kent's life was turned upside-down when her only child, a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, was arrested for a serious crime. Life hands most of us unexpected challenges that mean life as we once thought it would be, turns out differently from the "normal life" we anticipated. The event weekend will be filled with encouraging reminders that in every difficult experience we encounter, if we are looking for Divine surprises, we’ll find them, and when we embrace those challenges in the tight spots of life, we will discover an adventurous journey that produces unexpected joy, unanticipated favor, a strengthened faith, and a meaningful adventure.
We'll laugh out loud and wipe a few tears as we discover how to lean into "the grace place." Carol's messages will lift your heart to a place of renewed hope and brand-new courage. Bring your friends for a never-to-be-forgotten time of personal and spiritual encouragement.
1) “Living in A New Kind of Normal” -- Carol will share the story of their journey with their son along with the hope-filled choices we need to make when the life we wanted is different from what we got.
2) “Turning Fear into Faith” -- This message is on the top ten fears that women face in our changing world. We'll learn how fear is triggered in our lives and how it can be defeated with biblical principles.
3) “Becoming a Woman of Influence” -- This session is on seven ways Jesus impacted His disciples that teach us how to pass truth on to the next generation as we encourage others to find hope in their own "new kinds of normal."
More information about Carol can be found here: Carol Kent
Registration closes August 11th.
Calvary Abide: Connecting Women with Christ, Community and their Calling through Bible Study
Jesus said …If you abide in My Word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free. [John 8:31-32 AMP]
During the Fall and Winter semesters Calvary offers multiple women’s Bible study options on one day, in one place each semester. Begin your morning or evening with:
- Worship that focuses your busy heart and mind
- Friendship with women from across the Calvary Gatherings, and beyond
- Flexibility to choose a Bible study and invite friends who may prefer to join a different one, yet you can attend together
Abide: a place to settle, a call to dwell in Him.
ABIDE meets Thursday mornings, 9:30–11:15am; Thursday evenings, 6:30–8:15pm, starting again this fall.