Information on Coronavirus COVID-19
This page will be updated as information changes.
Latest update posted: March 18, 10:17am
Update: There will be no on-site weekend worship gatherings or events this weekend March 21/22 at any Calvary site. Services will be streamed at live.calvarysc.org.
Dear Calvary Family and Friends,
"In this world, you will have trouble." Those were Jesus' words to his disciples just before the trouble of the cross. Actually not just before the trouble of the cross, also just before the breakthrough of the resurrection. We often find trouble just beyond the edge of breakthrough!
What if that's where we find ourselves right now? In a corona-virus trouble at the edge of a move of God breakthrough?
Would you do me a favor, before you read any farther, watch the video at the top of this page. I put my heart into it and it will set up the rest of some pretty-important information.
- There will be no weekend worship gatherings in-person at any Calvary site. This may likely continue through the end of March.
- Join us for Calvary Online this weekend to worship and to hear a message from Pastor Dan. The service will be streamed multiple times throughout multiple days. Go to live.calvarysc.org for times and info.
- Stay up to date on cancellations and re-starts through Pastor Dan's d-news, our website and our Facebook page.
SO LET ME FILL IN THE GAPS A BIT.
In light of the proactive attempts being taken throughout our country to limit the consequences of the Corona-virus; in light of our concern for those in our community who are most at risk; in light of conversations with local and state-wide churches and our staff and Calvary leaders; we are choosing to be a church without walls.
We aren't canceling church. You can't cancel church anymore than you can cancel Christ! We are suspending corporate worship gatherings, but we are not canceling church. You are the church. We don't go to church. We are the church and we go to a world in need. And I believe, there is a need coming.
So this weekend and (who knows maybe) for the next few weekends. We are going to be the church...outside our walls...in our neighborhoods. I want to encourage you to take time this weekend to love your neighbors, to let them know that you are there for them in the days to come. Dive into your front-yard mission. Pray always. Love well. Invite often.
In the days to come there will be more information. We will re-evaluate as new information comes to light and update our cancel/re-start list. At the same time, we are exploring ways for the church to serve our community: everything from international students stuck at school to elderly who need supplies and groceries to kids who need internet access. Plans are still developing. This is an amazing opportunity for us to BE the church!
SO WHAT CAN I DO?
- Online services will be available at Calvary Online (see above). These online gatherings will have live hosts and opportunities to worship, pray and give.
- Dive into your front-yard mission and love your neighbor.
- Give online. Use the Calvary app or go to GIVE. Your generosity will allow us to serve our communities well.
- Don't be afraid. Wash your hands and love well. Even when it costs you something.
- If you have any questions, please let us know. Email or call 814-238-0822.
It may sound a bit weird, but I'm actually excited to see what God will do in us and through us in the days to come.