Serving beyond the walls of our buildings gives us the opportunity to make an impact in the hearts and lives of people in our city and around the world. Learn more about the partners and causes that your generosity supports through our Local and Global Impact Ministries. Calvary offers short-term mission trip opportunities as well.
These projects are a priority focus for funding and communications across all Calvary gatherings.
Myanmar - Formerly Burma, this country of 55 million people is 89% Buddhist and only 3.5% Christian (.07% Evangelical). 56 people-groups containing 83% of the population are considered unreached by the Gospel of Christ.
Penn State University - With an enrollment of approximately 45,000 students, only 2.5% are believed to be active followers of Jesus. All Calvary gatherings have a vested interest in the mission to Penn State through ministry to students, faculty, and various support staff.
- Pregnancy Resource Center. The PRC supports and serves women locally and in multiple surrounding counties.
- Mike & Barb Baldner: Navigators – PSU. The Baldners train students in small group and one-on-one settings to help them grow in faith and pass on their training.
- Beth Dripps: DiscipleMakers – State College. "My vision is to raise up disciples of Jesus who turn around and do the same with others. I love partnering with God's work in students' and staffs' lives to help them to learn to love and obey him, and to raise up a generation of laborers and leaders who will impact the world for Jesus.”
- Morgan & Betsy Forney: Navigators – PSU. Betsy is very involved with Navigators at PSU. She says: "Our hearts are filled with joy as we see, firsthand, God raise up students who are rebuilding generations!"
- Kendra Gettig: Calvary Church - Kendra serves as Calvary's Local Impact Director, where she strives to connect the church with the local community through service and evangelism. Kendra encourages the church to be involved with a variety of service opportunities: Out of the Cold, ServeWeek, Adopt-a-Family, Dinner with Friends and more!
- Will & Cheryl Gigante: PSCA – PSU. Will and Cheryl serve athletes at PSU in partnership with the CCO and FCA through the Penn State Christian Athletics. We do this through Bible study, discipleship and being present in their lives in what they do.
- Ken & Joyce Layton: Navigators – PSU. Through one on one discipleship and small group Bible studies, Ken and Joyce reach out to and serve International Students at Penn State.
- Garret White: International Christian Fellowship – PSU. Garret and his family connect with international students and scholars at Penn State. The heart of this ministry focuses on caring for physical needs, providing engaging activities, and inviting them into homes while reflecting the hope we have in Christ.
- John Thomas: Every Man a Warrior Discipleship – Prison Ministry – PSU. John's primary focus is Kenya and the USA. Recruiting, developing and training chaplains, volunteers and inmates in the Every Man a Warrior Discipleship program which focuses on walking with God, spiritual multiplication, and leadership development in every cell in every prison.
- Mike & Bec Shepski: Global Service Network (Disciplemakers & PSCA) – PSU. Mike and Bec moved to Penn State from Melborne, Australia, after pioneering and directing campus ministry in that city.
- Rebecca Daulton: China Outreach Mission. Rebecca and her husband reach out to share Christ with China's future leaders and their families as they study and do research at Penn State. Through Bible studies, meeting felt needs, providing language classes and fun trips, we aim to share the love and hope of Christ as they live next door.
- Chase Stalvey: International Friendships, Inc. - Chase serves with IFI as an online cross-cultural minister. He seeks to use online strategies to extend life-changing hospitality and friendship to international students out of reverence for Jesus!
GLOBAL MISSIONARIES & NETWORKS
- Phil & Linda Gottschalk: Greater Europe Mission. Phil and Linda have served at Tyndale Theological Seminary in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, training men and women for cross cultural missionary service since 2000.
- Dave & Sue Imbrock: Global Hope Network. Dave and Sue Imbrock minister among ambassadors, their spouses and other diplomats from more than 100 countries through the Global Network of Christian Embassies in Paris and Canada and expanding this network in European and African capital cities.
- Paige Troexel: Cru Outreach in Sweden.
- Gerald & Sharon Mohler: GAiN USA. Based in Lancaster, Pa., the Mohlers are in charge of the inventory process that distributes aid to various countries in need.
- Elijah Skacel: Cru International Short Term in Thailand. Elijah graduated from PSU in August of 2021 and is now serving with Cru in Hat Yai, Thailand. Through meetings with primarily Buddhist and Muslim students at Prince of Songkla University, Bible studies and English clubs, Eli is working with a team in one of the least reached places in the world to share the Gospel and start a movement on campus to build up laborers for the Kingdom for years to come.
- Henry & Erika Watts: Engineering Ministries International. Henry is the Director of EMI's U.S. office in Colorado Springs , overseeing all of the 18 office staff as well as the finance, publications, and HR departments, and project design.
- Brian Lusky: Converge Missionary to Japan.
- Converge Worldwide: General Fund and Kevin McGee - Director of U.S. Engagement.
- Converge Mid-Atlantic: Church Planting and Leadership Fund.
- Baptist Resource Network: SBC Dual Alighnment.
- Agape-Myanmar: Church planting efforts.
Calvary offers short-term mission trips throughout the year to Maynmar.
CALVARY GLOBAL KIDS
Calvary Global Kids connects kids with hope by:
- meeting their basic needs: food, clothing, and education
- encouraging them through involvement of a caring sponsor
- introducing them to the love of Christ
To learn more and sponsor a child, go to the Calvary Global Kids website.