I want to know Christ
God is pursuing a love relationship with you that is real and personal. He wants you to know him and it all begins by hearing His voice in your heart. There's a book that contains an incredible story of love and forgiveness, and the good news is, it was written just for you. Through this book, God speaks to us. Here are some of His words:
- You are my beloved. (Ephesians 5:1)
- You are my masterpiece. As my hands formed you, I whispered my hope and dreams into your heart. I can’t not love you. (Psalm 139:1-6)
- Even at your worst, and in your darkest days, nothing can separate you from my love. (Romans 8:38-39)
- Although I know every failure, every dark thought, every sin, there is no sin that I won’t forgive. In fact I’m not even counting your sins against you. (2 Corinthians 5:18-19)
- My love is a “no-matter-what” love. For better or for worse, in sickness and in health, in good times and hard times, I will be faithful, no matter what. I won’t walk out and my love will never end. (Psalm 36:5, Deuteronomy 31:8)
- Though you will catch a glimpse of me in the people around you, I am not like people. If you don’t look beyond people’s ways and thoughts, you might miss me. (Isaiah 55:8)
- Please forgive some of my followers. People, even Christians, will fail you. No one is perfect and everybody needs my grace. Trust me. (Psalm 146:3)
- Everyone has sinned and your sin keeps us apart. Actually it’s drained the life out of you. But there’s no sin I will not forgive and I will restore your life. (Ephesians 2:1-5)
- You may not realize it yet, but you can’t save yourself. You can’t resurrect your heart on your own. You can’t know me without my help. You need the grace that comes through faith in me. Oh yeah, don’t forget you are my masterpiece. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- I love you so much that I sent my Son to die on a cross. If you believe in him, you will find more life than you ever dreamed was possible. (John 3:16)
- When it comes to your sin, I forgive and forget. No replays, no record. Gone. (Psalm 103:12)
- It’s never too late to turn your life around. I am the God of the second chance. (Luke 23:42-43)
- You’re right. There is more. Only I can give it to you. (Romans 8:18-21, John 10:10)
- If you believe in your heart that I raised Christ from the dead and confess with your mouth that I am your God, you will not be disappointed. (Romans 10:9-11)
The evidence of lives changed by God through Christ is so widespread that the full story can never be told. It can never be matched. No person or program, no culture or counseling, no experience or understanding, can change lives like Christ. Jesus has been changing lives for 2000 years and he comes to you now with an invitation. He says, "Do you want life? Do you want to know God? Would you try me?”
If you’re ready to do that, just tell Him right now, “Jesus, I want to do it. I don’t understand it all, but I believe you love me. I believe you died for me and rose again. I choose you. I choose to trust you to forgive my sin, and give me life. Today I surrender to you. Come and be the heart and center and foundation of my life.”
If you did that, He has heard you. He has responded. He has come.
Share your story. Tell someone about your decision. Talk to a pastor or trusted friend who shares this new faith, so they can encourage you as you take your first steps in a new life. Would you like to talk to a Calvary Pastor? CLICK HERE
Begin to pray and read the Bible daily. God will continue to speak to you. Start with the Gospel of John to get a fuller picture of Jesus. For information on prayer and Bible reading see our Resources section.
Baptism. After you've made a commitment to follow Christ, baptism is a significant next step. Learn more about Baptism here.
Check out some more NEXT STEPS (see sidebar) that can help you in your journey walking with Christ.