ABIDE: Connecting Women with Christ, Community and their Calling through Bible Study
Jesus said.. "If you abide in My Word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples. And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:31–32 AMP
Resources for connecting with the Word until we meet again in 2021...
- She Reads Truth (shereadstruth.com)
- 11/29 they will begin their Advent Study . This can be done for free on their website or you are welcome to purchase a book. Digital books are also available for this study.
- Each Monday they release a podcast that previews the week's scripture readings and often they have a special guest.
- The IF Gathering (https://www.ifgathering.com/ifequip)
- Their advent book is called Hope Is Alive . They will be offering a free podcast for advent beginning 12/2/20
- Their book is currently on sale
- Risen Motherhood has a link for their advent resources.
- Proverbs 31 ministries offers online studies
- Faith Gateway is another resource for online studies. Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts Study will be from 11/16/20 - 12/20/20
- Calvary is offering a 52 day devotional, Turning the Page and Rebuilding Our Hearts, that begins 11/26. As part of the 52 day journal, each day there is a call to bless our neighbors (with a goal of 10,000 Blessings completed Calvary-wide!). Contact
to request a book.
Winter 2021 Abide Study
Registration for Winter Abide is now open!
Dates: January 14 – February 25. Look for an email from your small group facilitator by 1/13 to confirm time/location.
Times: We have several options for time and place this semester-
Thursday Morning, 9:30am- in person (indoor location TBD/Harvest Fields)
Thursday Morning, 9:30am- online
Thursday Evening, 6:30pm- in person (indoor location TBD/Harvest Fields)
Thursday Evening, 6:30pm- online
Please be mindful as you select your option during registration. Again, small group facilitators will be in touch by 1/13 to confirm the details of your selected meeting.
On-line formatting note: On-line Abide small groups will be 45 minutes of group discussion and prayer using zoom. Participants will be asked to view the videos/listen to the audio teaching during the week on their own. Leaders will provide instructions and links to the video/audio.
Cost: There is no registration cost for Abide this semester, but we are asking each participant to purchase her own copy of the study book. These can be pre-ordered from your preferred website (Amazon, LifeWay website, etc) and the cost is $16.99. Scholarships are still available for anyone who needs one, please email for more information.
Childcare: Unfortunately we will not be able to provide childcare for Abide this winter. Individual small groups are welcome to coordinate childcare for their group.