What are we rebuilding? Let’s focus here on rebuilding the Church, the hope of the world. The church is an essential part of renewal and revival. So how do we do this?
What does it truly mean to be a faithful Christian? Faithful Christians love their neighbors sacrificially, and the truth is that as much as we love our building and our services, we can be faithful Christians even without those things.
TAKE ACTION: Take some time and think about what it means to be a faithful Christian, even apart from some of the ways we’re most accustomed to thinking about it (viz. political engagement, Sunday services). What might it look like to rebuild church in this next season?
REACHING YOUR COMMUNITY
Halloween weekend is coming up, and that comes with some amazing opportunities to reach out to your neighbors. If you’ve never started your Front Yard Mission, this is a great opportunity to do so. And if your FYM is already thriving, you can build even more!
TAKE ACTION: Head over to the new FYM blog and read the latest post, “5 Ways to Love Your Neighbor this Halloween.”
A GOOD PRAYER TIME:
Take a few minutes to read the following verses. Let the truth of who you are sink deep into your heart and take root. Come back to them any time you start to feel disqualified, ashamed, or unworthy to join in Kingdom work:
- Romans 6:6-7. The “old” us was crucified with Christ and we are no longer bound to our past.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17. The “old” us is gone. We are made new.
- Eph 1:3-14. This is who you are in Christ, no matter what your past mistakes or present circumstances, or future worries may look like. You are not disqualified- you are chosen.
- Eph 2:10. Remember that you are purposed for good work! God has a plan and purpose for exactly who He made you to be
TAKE ACTION: Take 10 minutes each day this week and pray for these things:
- Pray for renewed confidence in your identity in Christ as a new creation
- Pray the Holy Spirit would reveal places where you are allowing your past or present fears to keep you from living the full life the Father wants for you.
This week, as you talk to God in your quiet time, you can listen to these worshipful songs: